Board index Sneaky Ninja The Ninja's Den Beta and GDC

Beta and GDC

All discussion about Sneaky Ninja and various related sneaky matters

Post Tue May 24, 2016 5:43 pm
anvard78 Sharpshooter

Thats fine

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:27 pm
anvard78 Sharpshooter

Its been awhile but hope development is going well, hope you had time to look at a bit of E3 as well. I had some thoughts regarding the spirit mask and found an issue in the game.

With the spirit mask I was thinking that maybe they could be servents of various gardians of the land when who disturbed by war or other events send them out to fight on behalf of them and kill those who are causing the disruptions.

The issue is in 1/1 I was killed in the final zone with the gong. When I reset the character held the selected item like he was about to through it. I made it to the end again and it would not let me hit the gong like the command had been disabled. When I reset to the last checkpoint again I went to change the item and the game softlocked on the screen below.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =706405658

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:52 pm
SullyTheStrange User avatar
Ninja Grandmaster

Sorry it took so long to respond anvard, I didn't see it at first and then I was busy with Too Many Games, a 3-day convention in PA, which went very well!

I like the idea for the spirit mask, and without spoiling anything else in the story we haven't talked about yet, I think I know a way to rewrite that to fit with what we've got. Thanks!

As for that issue, I haven't encountered that before, but I messed around with it for a little bit and it turns out that only happens if you die while in the wind-up animation for the mallet, which is why I never caught it before. Should be an easy fix, thanks for the catch! :)

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:34 am
anvard78 Sharpshooter

Thats ok sounds like your really busy. I'm glad you like the idea for the spirit mask, and am becoming very intersted in the story your writing. Happy to help find bugs if I can, its the only one I have found recently but will let you know if I find any others :D .

Post Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:37 am
anvard78 Sharpshooter

Hi Sully you have been a bit quite for a while but I assume you are working hard. I don't really have any issues to report but just wanted to say that the improvements of the last few updates have really made the game better from the title screen, difficulty names etc. Hope you guys are going well and that everything is going smoothly. :D

Post Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:48 pm
Ninja Grandmaster

Still not getting notifications... What's a guy gotta do to fix this stuff? :evil:

Anyway, sorry for the response delay and for the silence, David! I have indeed been working hard, trying to knock out the rest of the content for the game. I see you saw the island update, which is just a tiny look at what I've been up to. Hopefully I'll be able to do a small update like that every week leading up to release, so I shouldn't go too quiet again.

Glad to hear you like the improvements! I haven't really had a chance to document the changes and post about them, so I don't even remember all the new stuff that went in. :lol: Probably a lot of small game changes people wouldn't even notice if I don't say anything.

Post Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:33 am
BartRudd Grasshopper

Good work Sully. Any more plans for the game?

Post Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:22 pm
Ninja Grandmaster

Still working along towards release! My plan in the previous post from last year to "update every week until release" maaaaybe fell through just a little bit (sorry!), but I still post semi-frequent updates on Facebook and Twitter if you want to see what's new. New clip up tomorrow!

Previous

Return to The Ninja's Den