Board index Sneaky Ninja The Ninja's Den Community Feedback: What do you think of the game?

Community Feedback: What do you think of the game?

All discussion about Sneaky Ninja and various related sneaky matters

SullyTheStrange User avatar
Ninja Grandmaster

Posts: 67
Sometimes it can feel like there's a huge wall between gamers and developers and it seems like your thoughts and opinions can never get through to the other side. We want to break that wall down, and this is the place to do it!

Here you can post whatever you think about the game: the things you like, the things you want to see more of, the things you want added in, and yes, the things you don't like, the things you want changed, and the things you want gone forever!

And I promise -- we'll read it all!

So now, let's get down to business: what do you think of the game so far?

Image

DeltaBladeX Grasshopper

Posts: 1
Looking good. The addition of alternate characters will help for players that enjoy different styles. Since I remember that the previous release I heard about would have ninja skills recharge by one method, would any of the new characters have different charge methods? You could have one charge with ranged takedowns, for example.

SullyTheStrange User avatar
Ninja Grandmaster

Posts: 67
DeltaBladeX wrote:
Looking good. The addition of alternate characters will help for players that enjoy different styles. Since I remember that the previous release I heard about would have ninja skills recharge by one method, would any of the new characters have different charge methods? You could have one charge with ranged takedowns, for example.

Interesting idea! Right now there's nothing like that, but it's something to think about. If done right, it might be something that makes each character further reinforce their individual playstyles.

Image

Kogorn733 Grasshopper

Posts: 5
Just pledged to this project. It looks fantastic and, unlike many kickstarter projects for the Wii U, strives to take advantage of its unique capabilities.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far...particularly the cast of characters that seem to draw design inspiration from the Kirby series. Their abilities and play-styles seem truly unique, and I'm eager to play each one.

This early on in the process, I only have two suggestions/questions

(1) So far, only one type of enemy samurai has been shown. While it looks like the next update will provide more information about enemy types, I think it's critical to have a variety so that gameplay mechanics don't become repetitive. For example, in addition to standard samurai there could be Metsuke (Shogun secret police), Hatamoto (elite samurai), guard dogs, etc.

(2) The magic abilities/ninpo appear to be mostly stealth-based; will there be any attack ones? There could be a way to summon a squall to push a bunch of enemies away, an ice power to freeze them, or a way to summon a falcon to distract a samurai by stealing their helmet, for example.

Can't wait to hear more, and good luck!

SullyTheStrange User avatar
Ninja Grandmaster

Posts: 67
Kogorn733 wrote:
Just pledged to this project. It looks fantastic and, unlike many kickstarter projects for the Wii U, strives to take advantage of its unique capabilities.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far...particularly the cast of characters that seem to draw design inspiration from the Kirby series. Their abilities and play-styles seem truly unique, and I'm eager to play each one.

This early on in the process, I only have two suggestions/questions

(1) So far, only one type of enemy samurai has been shown. While it looks like the next update will provide more information about enemy types, I think it's critical to have a variety so that gameplay mechanics don't become repetitive. For example, in addition to standard samurai there could be Metsuke (Shogun secret police), Hatamoto (elite samurai), guard dogs, etc.

(2) The magic abilities/ninpo appear to be mostly stealth-based; will there be any attack ones? There could be a way to summon a squall to push a bunch of enemies away, an ice power to freeze them, or a way to summon a falcon to distract a samurai by stealing their helmet, for example.

Can't wait to hear more, and good luck!

Thanks a lot Kogorn!

1. You're right, enemy variety is very important! Hopefully our enemy update soon after that post cleared up some of the concern, but we'll also be adding more types in the future that have different abilities and different AI. The enemy Ninja teased in that update in particular will be a VERY different encounter than the usual Samurai, since they'll be more stealth-oriented themselves and use powers that you can use too!

2. The goal was to make them reinforce stealth, but that doesn't mean there can't be some attacks too -- after all, attacking from the shadows is still stealthy! Those are some good ideas actually, and some are similar to ideas we already have. I particularly like the falcon one. :D I hope we'll have more to share about magic powers soon!

Thanks for your post! Sorry it took a while to respond, I've been so busy posting everywhere else I kinda neglected my own home board. :?

Image

Thachens Grasshopper

Posts: 1
I really like the game. I wouldn't mind if it was a bit harder, but that's subjective I guess.

SullyTheStrange User avatar
Ninja Grandmaster

Posts: 67
Thachens wrote:
I really like the game. I wouldn't mind if it was a bit harder, but that's subjective I guess.

Thanks Thachens!

I'm trying to make sure the difficulty options cover an extremely wide range of player skill, so I'm always happy to hear how it could be made harder. I assume you've tried it on Grandmaster difficulty and still wanted more?

Image


Return to The Ninja's Den

cron