Based in South Plainfield, New Jersey
January 3, 2015
Press / Business contact:
South Plainfield, New Jersey
Starfall Studios is a newly formed indie game developer based in New Jersey, currently working on the 2D stealth platformer Sneaky Ninja to be released in Q1 2017 on Steam and Wii U (mid-January for Steam, and Wii U shortly after).
Sneaky Ninja was successfully funded on Kickstarter in early 2015:
Starfall Studios has already been approved by Nintendo as a Wii U developer and Sneaky Ninja has been Greenlit on Steam:
Sneaky Ninja is the stealth game Nintendo would make. It's a mix of Mario and Mark of the Ninja, featuring the lighthearted platforming fun of Mario and the strategic stealth action of Mark of the Ninja, wrapped in a unique visual style and accompanied by an atmospheric soundtrack.
- A game for all ages: difficulty modes radically change the gameplay so everyone can play at their own level, from the most casual to the most hardcore
- Use weapons like shuriken, arrows, and your trusty blade to strike from the shadows, create distractions with rocks and smokebombs to make an opening, or leave traps with sticky bombs and sharp tacks
- Use the environment as your disguise: take cover in bushes, trees, wells, or underwater until you get your chance
- Take advantage of your ninja agility to reach new paths and slip through unseen: hang from ledges, walljump up walls, swing from vines, climb ivy, and bounce off mushrooms
- Magical powers allow you to extinguish light sources from a distance, teleport through walls or into cover, and even temporarily freeze time. Use everything you’ve got to give you an advantage over your powerful enemies and make it out alive
- Choose from four playable characters that each have their own unique ability that gears them towards different playstyles, like Sensei Shoji's bush disguise or Sharpshooter Kaida's ability to slow down time while aiming projectiles
Download Ultimate Press Kit (trailer, screenshots, logos)
Sneaky Ninja - GDC 2016 Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Starfall Studios, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "Sneaky Ninja is the sort of stealth platformer Nintendo might make"
- Jeremy Peel, PCGamesN
- "It has the bush-hiding, back-stabbing, and shuriken-throwing a stealth junkie could want, but stars cartoony potato matryoshka ninjas instead of boring regular limbed humans."
- , DESTRUCTOID
- "Ninja come in several different varieties, but few seem to be as round or whimsical as those in Stafall Studios' Sneaky Ninja."
- Tim Latshaw, Nintendo Life
- "[Sneaky Ninja] looks like a mix of Mario, Donkey Kong Country, and Metroid. Trust me, that’s a good thing."
- Todd Black, TwoDashStash
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Lead Programmer, Artist
Marc A. Stasio