It adds a lot to have commentary, not only for pointing out any issues you notice but also for letting me know your general thoughts while playing. I generally only see people play the tutorial over and over and over at conventions, so more in-depth playthroughs provide a lot of helpful info!
Some of the bugs you pointed out I've already noted before, but there were a good handful of new ones too, some you didn't even notice (luckily for me ). I made sure to take notes on everything, including general feedback for smoothing out some of the level design -- these are actually some of the oldest levels still in the game, so they're due for some polishing one of these days.
A quick run-through of comments I had while watching:
- Yes, you can get to ridiculous places you're not supposed to go by abusing the grappling hook and kite. No, there's nothing special waiting for you there. These levels are all much older than those items, so they weren't designed to prevent you from going crazy with them.
- The main reason samurai like to commit mass suicide by thorn bushes in Intrepid Ivy Climb is because they evidently forgot how to bounce on mushrooms properly. I'll have to give them a refresher course.
- The reason you felt like Playful Platforming was anti-gravity was because only for that level, you set the Shapeshifter to take the properties of Miyu -- that affects not only their special ability, but their physics too! Miyu is by far the floatiest of the four ninja and she even has a second mid-air double jump, which would've come in handy for that level.
- You mentioned being able to save your inventory loadout so you don't have to manually select them every single time. That's indeed on the to-do list! The final game is going to add one more shakeup to how the inventory works though, so it won't be quite that simple... You'll see!
- You mentioned that you wished you could get one of those playable Kickstarter ninjas of your own -- and luckily, you can! The playable ninja is the most expensive one though, so I'm not gonna hold a shuriken to your head and make you do it, just wanted to let you know the option exists!
- Also, the little spirits are currently called Wisps, but Sonic sure has a high stake in that name these days...
Aaaand that's all I can think of! Every other issue has been written down and added to the pile (trust me, oh yes there's a pile). Thanks again for your effort, it was much appreciated! I'm glad you're enjoying the game. If you ever find anything else, you know where to find me! Don't feel obligated to record and commentate every time though (unless you really want to, in which case I won't complain!).
Statistics: Posted by StarfallSully — Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:23 am